Monday, June 30, 2008

Math W/YardWork, "If you dont wanna work (Live: HeckYEAHCoffeeHub)"



Mobile post sent by Math using Utterzreply-count Replies.  mp3


Really, YardWork, the regional, national, global and universal implications of your sounds and styles and sets are clear, and fun.

The first time I heard this song was on a Friday night at Lunchbox Records. I "had" to work the next day at the corner of Cool & Cool. I applied the philosophy later that Saturday afternoon by telling my "boss" and "manager" that I did not want to work again the next day, Sunday, Easter. I wanted to go ride my mountain bike with Billy and The Slim Rookie My Brother and Swammi and whoever that kick ass old dude was who rides with Swammi. I was told the it was "Easter" and "there will be a two hour wait" (I was working as the bitch of a reataurant at the time so that meant i was to "host" the Easter brunch-goers) and that "the entire staff" had been called in to work this one. Not one to overlook logic I immideatly realized that things would be fine if the whole staff would be there. I also realized it was my last day at "work" there and that I would be celebrating my own holiness and all of everyones by being outside where I could see the Sun(son).

That feeling, sitting there knowing, knowing I'm walking away and being ok, whole and happy, available and present is a glorious one. It is in us all. I talk to people who dont understand it and I try to help them see that they won't. There is no way to approach anything that is an illusion from a logical standpoint or approach feelings of fear or guilt from a holy standpoint. And that letting go is as easy as admitting that you know... you know you know.

Play this tune a few times and e mail the guys from YardWork and tell them you want a CD. Because you do.

2 comments:

Billy Fehr said...

jordy...and your viewers.
i just found out that the empire,
the c-5 glaxy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-5_Galaxy not start lifter but star lifter's big bro uses tons of 10 dollar a gallon jet fuel...tons, i tell you.
the one that flew over our heads while i was fixing flat.

here is the math.

.07miles to the gallon, for every seven tenths of a mile us tax slaves including myself are paying with the knowledge that we are here for nothing.....as you talk about it, act on it, move towards the sun(SON) instead of trying to let people know, for the shan't, time is wasting in the effort to educate those who you admit cannot even grasp their own connection to the other plane, the real one, not the one that drops bombs and sucks fuel to exhaust out as the petroleum haze that burns your skin and eyes as it falls from the heavens where the stars have it written....who cares what others do or do not understand....spirituality HAS been replaced with connection to the material..

Billy Fehr said...

seven one hundreths!!!!!!
not tenths, i made the mistake here but corrected my math, showing my work that is under one tenth of a mile sucking one gallon...