Saturday, June 14, 2008

H2O for Humans in H3's

The grass in front of BallanToon Jewelers is very important, and it is very important that the grass is green, because when the grass is greener on your side life is gooder, too, also, and your jeweles will shine brighter and prettier...

One Saturday ago I saw a neighbor's spp-ppp-ppp-ppp-rrr-iii-nnn-kkkk-lll-eee-rrr-sss going off in the middle of the afternoon under a 99degree-on-the-news-111-street-level-atmosphere. The water was hardly making it through the stale, thick and hazy air before it made its "hey!-I-didn't-get-to-be-a-cloud-yet" trip back to the surface of the Earth. Three sprinkling heads were positioned to pop up and cover all ares of the postage stamp that is worshiped from behind closed windows in an AC'd house. I walked home and put the grocerys and the dog inside and walked back over to the neighbors house. Before I knocked I composed myself and asked that I not be angry or scary in any way.

When the home owner opened his door I smiled and said, "Hi, I'm your neighbor (motioned to my house) and I would like for you to please turn your sprinkler off." He hadn't opened the glass/screen door and he sort of cocked his head and looked cracked out and said something like, "I'm sorry?"
I said, "Yes, we're in a major drought, were something like seventeen inches in the negative on our water table..."
"Were allowed to water on Saturday's," he said.
"Yes. Well, if you choose to do so could you please either water very early in the morning or late at night when the sun is down? If you water in the heat of the day like this it is really just a major waste; most of the water evaporates before it even hits the grass and that which does make it surely won't reach the root system. It's a bit innefficient."
A moment of thought passed, I cycled into a slow and quite out-breath.
"Yeah, I could set it to do that," he said.
"My name is Jordan Moore, by the way," I tagged on as he closed the main door. I can't be sure that he cared to know the name of his neighbor who was out and about acting like Ben Franklin or Thinky Mc1850's. I don't care. We have to act like that. Really use our noodles and spout off, in very respectful ways.

When we observe it is for action, not for frustration, and a distinct personality can rock another's world. Where would you be without your examples, heros, leaders, writers, teachers, friends?

AS I walked away I noticed that his sprinkler turned off and today I noticed that they were on super early this morning when I was heading out to get in a bike/run/ware-Mr. Wolf-out session at Col. Jason Baily Park. Yes, I do some biking from time to time. Y'a'll'a'll want to hear about some of that? Maybe.

Oh, well, this is what I saw today when I left the ToonFood during a downpour...





The mushroom is a) pretty and b) just bloomed when I took it's photo. It is an Oyster Mushroom, or Pleurotus ostreatus, and is a delicacy. It is also carnivorous, eating microscopic round worms and therfore making nitrogen. If you see one near you feel lucky and hungry. Prolly in a stir-fry or stuffed with Israeli Cous Cous with melted goat cheese.

2 comments:

Billy Fehr said...

that sure took something like youth guts to go up to your wasting watery neighbor and politely break it down for him which resulted in the first cracked out look he has had on his face since the national gaurd shot students on kent state's campus.
dubios la douche(my white succesful neighbor) watered his lawn for three hours plus in the middle of the day yesterday after doing it for multiple hours on both weekend days last week. i looked at him and all i could think was dumb fuck, i went inside and brought back the camera which came back to me friday. i came out, looked through the glass and sadly saw the same wasteful evaporation going down that you described. still i cannot say anything to him because if i were the message would have to go through his pre-paid legal council who knows a hell of a lot less than i do.

finally the water stopped after time warp passed. then this morning i heard a brrrrrrrrrrppppppppp brrrrrppppppp brrrrrrr, i stepped outside and saw la douche on his roof with the twin cycle worse than a hummer for the environment blower blowing in his pasty pink hands, he was blowing his roof after i had caught him blowing his mower last week. so after a full day of wasted life he spent keeping his yard looking way better than mine yesterday now he wants to create some additional heat release on top of that in trade for a blown roof, he blows alot. i hate blowers on their knees begging please to their prepaid council. this guy is such a complete dumb ass it makes me sick, i am not that great of a person but i cannot stand complete disregard for ones own awareness who thinks he is american but cannot use a fucking broom....they are in the toon as well, plaza midwood, the south side, chantilly, myers park, the world....go big. fuck jordy this is your best work you have put out yet....continue cracking them out.

Jordy said...

billy, im sorry (not like i can help it) just sorry that you have to live next to such a mega-douche, youre a quite exceptional person and you should be flanked by greatness.

they are everywhere, looking to be excited by the next stadium rocking event but not thinking about the next earth rocking phenomenon.

at least we'll be thinking about thermodynamics and poetry when tomorrow occurs if thats worth anything, and really, i think it actually is.

pre-paid legal is a joke, its like starting a savings account because you know youre a liar and/for to cover your own lying ass when you do lie but youre lying to yourself about your own lies.

thank you, bill.