Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Bridge



Mobile post sent by Math using Utterlireply-count Replies.  mp3


Many people will not be sleeping inside in south Texas tonight. Bridge City is gone. Just there no more. Dogs, cats... birds prolly made it out. In response, and in order to keep life good, ATT got to work getting its cell towers back online. The effort includes nothing more than more gallons of diesel fuel per second than any of us math wizards could compute. I signed on. I've promoted myself to middle management. I'm doing data analysis. Im cracked out.

I cant believe that ATT will rest its head on its pillow again tonight. Were staged in a rodeo yard in Pasadena, between Houston and Galveston. I haven't been able to get out of this horse trailer turned mobile office under satellite to go tour the damaged areas, but the shots are rolling in from the diesel duel wheel well truck driving dudes. Its crushed. The news may say Galveston is bad, and it is, but search east for real damage. You just dont hear of it because its a little further away from ATT Houston HQ.

The air in this diesel yard is unreal. The first day here my face went numb. My #2 chakra is sending messages of worry. My inner body transfer is way off. Food is provided by cans and cans, dummy meat and nothing. Here, these cheese nips should do. Ive been eating a lot of grapes. The sewage backflowed out of the high school football stadium locker room. People love Ranch dressing here. Its served with every meal. The police presence is amazing. Tanning is half off. Drive thrus are packed. Apocalypse Later, indeed.

1 comment:

Billy Fehr said...

dude.....you must love the smell of diesel in the monring....day and night.