Friday, September 26, 2008

Bad Taste Has Never Tasted So Good



I saw it twice yesterday evening. I was out in a Ford Explorer, explorin the far dark reaches of the Jar/QC/BAMA Capital/Vortex, and I was looking for a good time. Music anybody? Real, homemade, delicious wood block coin collecion music? I found it, and if my off-grid friend with the i-phone would relinquish his fear of the BBC findng him I would gladly share with this readership what we made.

But what I saw twice was something way more ordinary than using paintbrushes and spray paint ans to make beats and sing spontanious folk music. What I saw is a staple of Americana, what I saw was delivery drivers.

Two of my dear friends, after long work days, opted to call and have hot food delivered to their doors last night. At the first local I hear the delivery driver comment that she had "passed twoof our other drivers who were walkin' but there was nothing I could do for them, I dont have any gas to give em." Oh, but here's your pizza.

My friends live 3 blocks from a pizza shop.

Later, around midnight, my music cohort called to see if "the kitchen was still open" at a food-out-of-the-box Oriental restaurant. They were and I heard to routine switch to "do you deliver!?!?".

Yes. America delivers. Pizza is always hot. Homes are warm. College is the best years of your life. Life is good. They all ring true, in that hollow, herion, one foot off of the bridge kind of way.

I dont blame any of you. . . not even the AI GW. This has always been about self-awarness.

1 comment:

Billy Fehr said...

Great Story, Always love to hear what America is up to, it does not surprise me!