Thursday, May 1, 2008

G'dmarnin.

I'd like to be able to put these videos right up here on my page but about 15 min. worth of trying to do that has been a fruitless endeavor. I have internet scurvy. Any who, this is a number by Jose Gonzalez, and artist that my friend Irish turned me on to. "Killing for Love".

The above photo was last night on East Boully-vard. The emergency rescue vehicle has been in my line of vision any time I go out the door lately. Though these peoples lives are seemingly unconnected to my own I know better than that. I agree with Dr. Bronner. And every time I come across one im compelled to photograph it. Im sure its just a phenomenon of a growing urban metropolis but its odd to think about the number of times a day these vehicles must be responding to individuals needs. Will rural America be affected first and how would we ever hear about cases of fire engines and ambulances running out of petrol if people don't blog. CNN ain't gonna touch that.

Last night I pulled off a sucessful toon-ta-jar-via-mr. osbourne's-crazy-train-ta-toon-transfer. My destination was the International House, an amazingly cool place that a total 283 has introduced me to. Its where one can go to practice foreign languages with all levels of speakers. I sat amongst 20-25 Francophiles as we discussed everything from how to rid your attic of pests to how saying you're excited in French carries heavy sexual meaning to urban sprawl and the price of petrol. It was 4+ Euro a litre when I was there in 04, so I cant imagine what todays prices are, but its all relative and oranges and apples when it comes to our little do-mes-teek problem. Never the less, if you're looking to make your hippocampus thump spend an evening there getting to know some pretty hilarious individuals. Weds @ 7 is the French session for those who are so inclined. Did I mention it was free?

I gotta admit, putting a bike on the train and only having to burn 8 miles worth of gasoline is a very positive feeling.

Bon Jour!

No comments: