Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Math, "Just That One Example"





Mobile post sent by Math using Utterzreply-count Replies.  mp3


Memorial day celebration got me new looks out of the drivers, looks of amazement and solidarity, though the reason i wore the flag was personal. But i won't kid around with you, on that day, with that flag, i was treated with a reverence on the road that ive not experienced in the JAR before. Seeing peoples thoughts stop at anger and frustration and back up to the moment they are in is bizarre, especially because of an icon that we see prolly 43,000 times a day within the "borders" of this nation. Defenders of the Constitution of the United States of America, unite and raise yer weary heads!

24 inches of stick, Soup's favorite 08 plan.

This song, "Just That One Example" is not about realizing that there was a sign to follow and avoiding it, IT IS not following that indication. It feels horrible, low, dark, piggish, and rude. I'm thankful that i realized my phone was a recording studio so i can do something with that feeling and turn it into art to share rather than internalize it and let it build a home of meaningless in my body.

When i took all my clothes off and stood in the mirror is was just me staring back, and when i had my coffee this morning i was looking at myself from the shiny top of the french press. . . My talent is sharing, talking, provoking, encouraging, connecting, laughing, breathing. That is my place in this world. There is a keyhole, that we are peeking through to the other side of the universe, and under our feet are the materials of success. Sand, stone, water, wood, rubber, aluminum, glass, love.

1 comment:

AloneTogether said...

amazing. and beauty. thank you for recording. and you are standing on it all. yer own gold mind if you will. and yes.yes. i want to record with my phone too... do share.